Stages to become a Company Secretary :
1. The student who would like to join this CS Course after10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
2. In addition, the student has to undergo Practical Trainingfor about 15 months which a student may opt to start after passing theExecutive Programme.
3. The Student who would like to join the Course afterpassing the Graduation (Example : B.com) has to undergo two stages of theCompany Secretaryship i.e.
Besides, the student has to undergo Practical Training forabout 15 months.
4. Foundation Programme which is of eight months durationcan be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.
5. Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of allstreams except Fine Arts.
6. Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearingthe Executive Programme of CS Course.
7. Training: A Student has to undergo 15 monthsManagement Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing theExecutive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a CompanySecretary in Practice.
8. After qualifying Professional Examination and onsuccessful completion of training a candidate is admitted as an AssociateMember of the ICSI and can use the letters ACS after his/her name i.e.Associate Company Secretary.