“ Qualifications for Registration as patent agents Section 126
1. A Person -shall be qualified to have his name entered in the “ Register of Patent Agents” - if he fulfils the following 4 conditions, namely :-
(a) he is a Citizen of India ;
(b) he has completed the age of 21 years ;
(c) he has obtained a Degree in Science,Engineering or Technology from any University ( established under law for the time being in force )in the Territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications
- as the Central Government may specifyin this behalf, and in addition, -
(i) isan Advocate - within the meaning of the Advocates Act, 1961 ( 25 of 1961 ) ; or
(ii) has passed - the qualifying Examinationprescribed for the purpose ; or
(iii) has, for a total period of not less than ten years, functioned- either as an Examiner or discharged thefunctions of the Controller under Section 73 or both, but ceased to hold anysuch capacity
- at thetime of making the application for registration ;
(d) he has paid - such fee as may beprescribed.
2. Notwithstandinganything contained in sub-section (1), a Person - who has been registered as aPatent Agent before the commencement of the Patents ( Amendment ) Act, 2002,shall be entitled to continue to be, or when required to be re-registered, as aPatent Agent,
- on payment of the fee as may be prescribed.