#Proxies (Section 105) - Section 105 of the Companies Act, 2013
provides that a member, who is entitled to attend to vote, can appoint another person as a proxy to attend and vote at the meeting on his behalf. This section also provides the manner of appointing proxy. The provisions is as follows-
Law related to proxy-
(1) Any member of a company who is entitled to attend and vote at a meeting of the company shall be entitled to appoint another person as a proxy to attend and vote at the meeting on his behalf.
(2) A proxy shall not have the right to speak at such meeting and shall not be entitled to vote except on a poll.
(3) Unless the articles of a company otherwise provide, appointment of proxy shall not apply in the case of a company not having a share capital.
(4) The section provides that the Central Government may prescribe a class or classes of companies whose members shall not be entitled to appoint another person as a proxy.
(5) A person appointed as proxy shall act on behalf of such member or number of members not exceeding fifty and such number of shares as may be prescribed.